Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting Organized....

As my business grows and my personal assets develop, I find less and less time to stay organized, yet once I begin to re-organize all my “stuff” I am reminded of how important organization is. My life is made up of a lot of moving parts, and organization, though a hard thing to do is one of the most important things I need to accomplish.

Some of the benefits to staying organized include, easy to find the important things you need, also you can keep a handle on things, making sure nothing falls “through” the cracks.

Do you know where important documents are? Are you staying on top of everything you need to make sure you are covered in case something happens? What should you organize? Things including (but not limited too) all insurance (property, car, medical, dental, life, disability), all your investments, all legal documents, your will, all your banking information, information about your significant other and children (if applicable). These are just a few things to get your “list” started.

With all my moving parts, it has taken me one full week, others it might take one hour. However long it will take you, I suggest getting it done NOW! You won’t regret taking the time, and you will have peace of mind knowing that all your important documents are on hand if and when you need them.

No comments: