Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Be Thankful.....

There are a lot of distractions going on in life today. We are in the middle of a Presidential election, the financial crisis (who knows what is going to happen???), oil/gas prices, food costs increasing, mortgage rates and home values, and job loss. One can get consumed with the entire negative “buzz” happening around them at this moment in time.

I prefer, and challenge you, to look at everything that is going right in your life, and be thankful for everything you have. My wife and I were in a car accident last Saturday (everyone is Ok, thank God!) and it made me realize all the great things I have going on in my life. Sometimes it takes an accident or a tragedy in life before we “reflect” back on everything we have to be thankful for. I am not going to bore you with my list, but challenge you TODAY, to take 10 minutes out of your busy life, and create a list of all the great things you have to thankful for. Leave nothing out, if you have a bed to sleep in, be thankful, if you have food to eat, be thankful, if you have someone that loves you, be thankful, etc……

It is human nature to get caught up in and focus on the negative in life, for just this one day, I challenge you to focus on all the positive things that are happening in your life. You never know, you might just realize that life is not all that bad!

No comments: