Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ready Freddie?


Second only to New Year’s resolutions, is the palpable potential we can smell, see and taste as winter turns to spring.

Are you ready for some changes? Really ready?

Answering YES to these four questions can make you successful at whatever transformation you desire in the weeks ahead. Whether you are hoping to clean out your garage, start a new business or take up tai chi – the right attitude makes all the difference.

Do I need to? (clean out the garage)
Write down the reasons. Yes, because I can no longer park my car in there; I’ve seen scouts from the “Hoarders” show driving by when the garage door is open; the cat has been lost in the garage for days at a time over the winter; and my wife has posted an ultimatum on the refrigerator.

Do I want to? (clean out the garage)
Yes and no, but mostly, YES. I want the end result of the clean garage: a place to park; all of that useless clutter gone from my life; rescuing the family pet; and the gratitude from my wife when it’s all done.

Can I? (clean out the garage)
I need a plan. When will I start; how long will it take (realistically); do I need help; how will I haul all the stuff to Goodwill or the recycling center; what if it takes longer than I have planned; is there a deadline on that sign on the frig; and do we have a large supply of Meow Mix?

Will I? (clean out the garage)
I need to; I want to; I have a plan and some friends who said they would help. I won’t let anything else get in the way, I will focus my time and effort, I will buy pizza for everyone involved and I will find the cat!

If all your answers are YES, spring forward my friends!

No comments: